Hello, and welcome to my blog! To kick things off I figured I would introduce myself and let you get to know the woman behind the blog. My name is Kelly and I am a graphic designer originally from Philadelphia. I'm currently residing in Los Angeles, pursuing my dreams of working as a designer in the entertainment industry. I love all things design, film, and travel, and will be exploring all of those topics here on my blog. But first, here are five things about me that will hopefully help you get to know me a little better.
1. I don't like coffee or salads: I know, it's strange, but I have a very weird thing with textures and smells. Because of this, the smell of coffee and the texture of lettuce are very unappealing to me. So naturally, I don't like eating either of them. And before you tell me maybe I haven't tried the right kind of either, trust me, I've tried plenty of both, and have not had success yet. So if you ask me on a coffee date, I'll be getting hot chocolate! And don't be surprised that I will always get soup for my appetizer at restaurants.
2. I had traveled to seven other countries before graduating high school: They were London, Ireland, Austria, France, Italy, Switzerland, and Germany. But, five of them were at the same time through a program I attended with my high school. It was a European tour program called American Music Abroad, that was made up of band students from all different schools, and we played music together in halls across five different countries for three weeks. It was such a fun experience, but it was a little limiting in what we got to do in each place, because we had a strict itinerary. I also traveled to London and Ireland with my grandparents when I was in middle school. I remember having a great time on those trips, and was so glad to have that time with them, but I would love to go back to both countries now that I am older and experience them again.
3. My boyfriend and I have been dating for almost ten years now: His name is Jesse, and we met in middle school, but did not start dating until our freshman year of high school. We have never broken up or taken a break, and have been going strong since then. We survived going to different colleges, and now a year and a half long distance relationship. He is my best friend, and I can't wait to see where our future takes us.
4. In high school I was on the swim team, and in the band: Yup, I was an athlete and in the band. In fact, I was in five different organizations in high school, I was quite a busy bee. I began playing the clarinet, and joined my first swim team when I was nine years old. I did both activities for 10 years until I went off to college. I still swim on my own to work out, but unfortunately my musical abilities have not been put to use since high school.
5. I have a little sister who is 15 years younger than me: I have two biological siblings, my brother who is five years younger than me, and my sister who is 15 years younger. And yes, I have been mistaken for being her mom when we go out, but to be honest we do look almost exactly alike so, I can't blame people for asking. It has been so fun getting to watch her grow and help raise and teach her. She is my little mini-me, and we are as close as sisters who are only a year or two apart. I can't wait to see where life takes her, and continue to see the amazing young woman she becomes.
So there you have it! Five things you probably didn't know about me. I hope this helped you get to know me better, and I'd love to hear some interesting facts about you as well!
If you enjoyed this post, and want to see more like it, make sure to give it a like below!