This past weekend I turned 26 and celebrated with my close friends in Philadelphia. The weekend before that I got to celebrate with my family. All in all it was a great and low key birthday, which is exactly how I like to celebrate, with those most important to me. So in honor of being on this Earth for 26 years, I figured I would do a quick post on 26 things I have learned so far in my life.
1. You need to take time for yourself every once and a while.
2. Work is not the most important thing.
3. "Worrying means you suffer twice." - Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
4. Some people may not always be around, and that is okay. Not everyone is meant to be in your life forever.
5. Trust your own instincts.
6. But also be able to take advice.
7. You don't have to do things like everyone else, you are on your own path and schedule.
8. People are more concerned with their own lives than yours.
9. It is important to have opinions, but that does not mean you should devalue other’s opinions.
10. I am not the best with directions.
11. It is okay to ask for help, you will not be the best at everything.
12. I like white wine much better than red.
13. Things will not always go as planned, but everything will work out in the end.
14. When you find your person, don't let them go no matter what others say.
15. I can escape many of life's problems in a good movie or TV show.
16. Don't give up on your dreams, but you need to be willing to work to make them happen.
17. Hard work will pay off, even if it is not right away.
18. How you treat others will effect how you are treated in return.
19. Friendship is a two way street.
20. Pizza is the best food no matter what form it is in.
21. Women are so strong.
22. You need to take care of your body and mind.
23. How to do a nearly perfect cat eye, and curl my hair properly.
24. Always double check that you turned your curling iron off.
25. If are in a position to be a positive influence, use it wisely.
26. Use your time in a way that you will look back on and be happy about.
I am obviously still learning all the time, and I’m so excited to continue to learn and grow. But these are some things I have learned so far in my journey, and it has been great to have this opportunity to look back and reflect. Thank you to everyone who was able to celebrate with me this weekend, I love you all so much!